What is an assisted living manager?
Assisted Living Managers create policies and practices that ensure proper resident care, and create an environment that is safe, comfortable, and meets the needs of residents and their families. Duties include managing the building, employees, and services in accordance with regulations.
Where do assisted living managers work?
An Assisted Living Manager oversees operations at a residential care facility.
How do I become an assisted living manager?
CGTI’s Assisted Living Manager class is 40 training hours of classroom learning and prepares you to take the exams to obtain the certification required to work as an Assisted Living Manager in any care facility or home in Arizona. Be ready to take the exams in as little as five weeks!
What does the course cost?
Included in the cost is tuition, administrative fee ($150, nonrefundable), Arizona Assisted Living Facility Manager Candidate Handbook, CGTI Assisted Living Manager Textbook, and the State Management Exam ($125 value).
Upon course completion, you’ll be eligible to take a State Management Exam, which is included in CGTI tuition. After a student passes that test with a 75% or higher score, they can then sit for the board exam. The NCIA Board Exam is an additional $300 (not covered by CGTI) and separate from the State Management Exam.
Your admission checklist:
- No previous healthcare experience is required.
- A GED or high school diploma are not required to enroll.
- Students are required to pass our entrance exam that tests for English comprehension and math skills.
- You must be at least 16 years old to enroll.
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Pass a criminal background check and obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Provide a state issued photo ID, social security card and proof of legal residency.
In addition, the following are required to take the NCIA board exam:
- Healthcare provider CPR & First Aid Certification
- Current negative TB Screen
- Proof to show 2,080 hours worked within 5 years
- Two character certifications/letters
- If criminal history: police reports, court dispositions & personal written account
- AZ Statement of Citizenship and Alien status for state public benefits.
Our team will help you navigate your admissions checklist.
What our students say about CGTI
"Being a student here is really cool…I really like the instructors, especially when it’s a small class, because it’s really one-on-one. The hours are really flexible…you can do mornings or evenings. My advice would be to enroll as soon as possible."
– Jimena, CGTI Student
CGTI provides comprehensive support services. Reach out with any questions on our programs and how we can help you navigate your journey into a new career.
Request more information and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions and talk you through the process of enrolling for our on-campus programs.